Royal Center – Boone Township Public Library is accepting resumes for a part-time Circulation Clerk. This position will assist customers in the circulation and location of materials and provide information in a friendly and welcoming manner, and keep materials organized on shelves according to library procedures. Library experience preferred.
Interested applicants must be a high school graduate (or equivalent), have basic computer skills, able to learn quickly, and be detail oriented. This is a front line position that would interact with the public at the circulation desk. Good communication skills and pleasant demeanor also required. Duties include (but are not limited to): Check out, and discharge library materials, make and modify library cards, answer basic directional questions, assist with collection maintenance, and other duties as assigned. Hourly pay is $8.00/hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Efficient and comfortable using a computer
- Check library materials in and out.
- Searches collection for overdue and missing materials.
- Answers the telephone; answers questions appropriate to skill level; relays messages to appropriate individuals.
- Assists patrons in placing holds.
- Performs holds management – including hold list and hold shelf maintenance.
- Assists patrons with routine location questions – referring patrons to other staff members as needed; assists patrons to look up materials on the computer and instructs patrons in the use of the library equipment.
- Collects fines and provides appropriate change.
- Operates standard library equipment such as copiers, and online computer system.
- Inspects returned items for damage.
- Registers new patrons and updates existing patron accounts.
- Shelves all library materials.
- Shelf-reads, weeds, and shifts materials as needed.
- Performs various opening and closing procedures.
- Assist with basic housekeeping duties in the library.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer knowledge and/or prior experience in the following areas: library work, customer service; filing; organization (arrangement); resolving customer complaints, and working on a team.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit their resume online to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Royal Center – Boone Township Public Library, 203 N. Chicago St., PO Box 459, Royal Center, IN. Please include 3 references with your submission.
Resumes will be accepted until 10/02/2015.
Royal Center – Boone Township Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.