Royal Center – Boone Township Public Library is accepting applications for a part-time (6 -10 hrs. per week) position to assist with Children and Adult Programming. The primary function of this position is to plan, coordinate, conduct, and evaluate programming events.
- Interested applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer skills including internet, standard office applications, and smart devices.
- Must be organized, enthusiastic, and work well with all age groups
- Excellent communication skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates program planning and service delivery for all ages.
- Prepares regular reports on programming services for the Library Director.
- Occasional evening and weekend shifts required
- Satisfactory criminal history background check appropriate for working with children
- Respond to inquiries and provide customer service, assistance and instruction to library patrons; interprets library rules, policies, and procedures to the public
- Assist patrons in selecting appropriate children’s, teen, and adult materials
- Assist with other projects and activities as needed
- Provide technical support with public computers, e-readers, and tablets by troubleshooting user problems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Good Customer Service
- Able to work as a Team Member
- Communicates ideas and thoughts clearly, accurately, and respectfully
- Willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- Portrays a positive image of the Library
- Strong computer skills
- Flexibility of schedule, occasional evening and weekend shift required
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to think logically and follow directions
Interested applicants will submit application and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail required documents to Royal Center-Boone Twp. Library, PO Box 459, Royal Center, IN 46978. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Employment Application available at the library during regular business hours.
Royal Center-Boone Township Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.