- Coffee Time Tuesdays – join us each Tuesday morning at 10:30 a.m. to visit with old friends and make new ones.
- LEGO Club – join us each Tuesday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. for LEGO creativity time. There is a mixture of free creativity and planned LEGO projects. We ask that children under age 5 have an adult present with them.
- Arm Chair Exercises – each Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to noon for stretching and low impact exercise to strengthen the core and muscle groups.
- Book Club Tuesdays, – meetings take place on the 3rd Tuesday of each month during Coffee Time hour. This month everyone is reading an inspirational title of their choice and will share the contents and recommendation of their book with the group.
- Knit/Crochet – Thursday, 2/1 @ 11:30 a.m. Whether a beginner with questions or a seasoned pro working on a project, all are welcome to gather and share their work and ask questions.
- Kids’ Valentine Themed Yoga – Saturday 2/3 @ 10:30 a.m.
- STEM Club – Friday, 2/9 from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. This month we will Build a Sled
- Kids Cooking – Rainbow Grilled Cheese – Saturday, 2/17 from 11:00 a.m. to noon. R.S.V.P. by 2/10.
- The Great Candy Race Games – Friday, 2/23 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Hot Chocolate Play Dough – Saturday, 2/24 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Library Board Meeting – Tuesday, 2/27 – 4:30 p.m. The Royal Center Boone Township Public Library holds regular board meetings on the last Tuesday of each month at 4:30.
The library will be closed today, Friday, January 12th, because of weather. All scheduled activities are also canceled. We plan to be open our regular Saturday hours of 10 AM to 2 PM.
Calling all Chili connoisseurs!
The Royal Center Library Friends of the Library group is hosting their 2nd Annual Chili Cook off. The event will take place on Saturday February 10th, with tasting taking place from 11 AM through 2 PM.
We are now accepting applications for cook teams to participate in this fun, but competitive fund raising event for the library. Whether you like to cook it or just eat the chili – we welcome everyone to join us for this fun event. Cook team applications are available at the library.
COOK OFF GUIDELINES
- Teams will consist of no more than 3 people. Individuals are also encouraged to participate.
- Plan to arrive between 10:00 and 10:15 AM. Tasting will begin at 11 AM.
- Bring cooked chili, set-ups, booth decoration (optional), and signage.
- Chili may be prepared with or without beans, ground beef, turkey, sausage, steak, and assorted spices. All ingredients must be USDA approved.
- You may bring a crock pot for your chili. Other options are propane stoves or chafing dishes. Extension cords and electrical outlets will be available.
- Bring additional condiments if you would like to enhance your chili. This can include sour cream, shredded cheese, onions, peppers, hot sauces, chips/crackers and other fun items to add to your sample.
- Decorate your table and make it festive. You may name your chili and dress the part. Be creative and have fun. Each table will be covered with a plain white covering, but you may bring additional tablecloths/coverings. If you don’t have time to decorate, don’t worry. You will be judged on the taste of your chili and we want you there!
- The Fire Station will be decorated by the Friends of the Library (FoL) and will include a designated area for the chili tasting judge panel.
- Disposable gloves and hairnets will be supplied by the FoL.
- All containers and spoons needed for judging and serving of chili to the public will be supplied.
- Contestants will be presented with their scores.
**All contestants (team members) must be present and ready with prepared chili by 11 AM for judging. In lieu of an entry fee, contestants agree to prepare at least 1 gallon of chili. Contestants agree to maintain a presence in their booths until 2 PM to serve chili to public.
Call at at 643-3185 or email us at email@example.com if you have questions!