The library will be closed today, Friday, January 12th, because of weather. All scheduled activities are also canceled. We plan to be open our regular Saturday hours of 10 AM to 2 PM.
Royal Center – Boone Township Public Library is accepting applications for a part-time (6 -10 hrs. per week) position to assist with Children and Adult Programming. The primary function of this position is to plan, coordinate, conduct, and evaluate programming events.
- Interested applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer skills including internet, standard office applications, and smart devices.
- Must be organized, enthusiastic, and work well with all age groups
- Excellent communication skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates program planning and service delivery for all ages.
- Prepares regular reports on programming services for the Library Director.
- Occasional evening and weekend shifts required
- Satisfactory criminal history background check appropriate for working with children
- Respond to inquiries and provide customer service, assistance and instruction to library patrons; interprets library rules, policies, and procedures to the public
- Assist patrons in selecting appropriate children’s, teen, and adult materials
- Assist with other projects and activities as needed
- Provide technical support with public computers, e-readers, and tablets by troubleshooting user problems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Good Customer Service
- Able to work as a Team Member
- Communicates ideas and thoughts clearly, accurately, and respectfully
- Willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- Portrays a positive image of the Library
- Strong computer skills
- Flexibility of schedule, occasional evening and weekend shift required
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to think logically and follow directions
Interested applicants will submit application and 3 references to email@example.com or mail required documents to Royal Center-Boone Twp. Library, PO Box 459, Royal Center, IN 46978. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Employment Application available at the library during regular business hours.
Royal Center-Boone Township Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’ve had a couple of patrons stop by to see if we are giving away glasses for the solar eclipse next week. Sorry, but we are not offering those. Please be safe and protect your eyes when watching it next week.
The Royal Center Friends of the Library are holding the annual book sale in the downstairs room of the library. The sale will run beginning on July 18 until ???. Stop in early to get the best selection!
Hardback and Audio books are $1.00 each
Paperback books are .50 each
Children’s titles are .25 each